It is important to know survival rates whenever the doctor identifies a serious condition. Same is the case with sarcoma too. It is essential to know stage 4 soft tissue sarcoma survival rate in order to get a better idea of how long a person will live.
Often, doctors use survival rates to discuss the prognosis i.e. outlook of a person. When the survival rate is 5 years, it means that cancer hasn’t spread much. In this case, people can live longer too. Moreover, in such a stage, a person can be cured too.
When it comes to 5-year survival rate, people tend to die from other causes; the survival rate of normal people is compared in this case. This way, a doctor can judge the impact of cancer. For making a comparative study, the doctor will have to check the patients who had received treatment around 5 years back.
The survival rates depend on the outcomes; however, it differs from individual to individual and can’t be predicted at all. There are different factors that affect the rate of survival; these include the tumor location, the treatment that’s given, the patient’s age and many more things. If the patient is old, the outcome is worst.
The stage of cancer must be understood well before giving the survival rate. All possible information must be collected before judging the rate. Even the course of treatment depends on that.
Stage 4 soft tissue sarcoma
In this stage, there are hardly any chances of cancer being cured. However, surgery can be done for the removal of a tumor. The size of the tumor can differ and can be of any grade. It might spread to other nodes too. Even if treatment is done, there are chances of it recurring. Hence, discuss stage 4 soft tissue sarcoma survival rate with the doctor well.
As per statistics, the overall rate of 5 years is 50 percent. The sarcomas are classified as localized, regional, distant and metastasized. Meanwhile, here are some drugs that can be used for the effective treatment of sarcoma;
- IMATINIB is a medicine that helps in targeting protein cells and prevents the growth of cancer cells. Various leukemias can also be treated along with it.
- PAZOPANIB is another effective drug for treatment of sarcoma.
- Doxorubicin comes under a chemotherapy drug. It helps get rid of leukemias, sarcoma, and neuroblastoma.
- OLARATUMAB is considered to be a monoclonal antibody. It treats soft-tissue sarcoma effectively.
- Dactinomycin is used for the treatment of sarcomas, Wilm’s tumor as well as testicular cancers.