Type nn2 diabetes refers to the insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. This is a chronic condition when the pancreas is unable to produce any insulin. Insulin is an important hormone which lets the sugar or glucose enters blood cells to produce energy. This type of diabetes is caused due to various reasons including some viruses and genetics. There is Type nn2 diabetes treatment but no cure as of now.
The symptoms and signs of nn2 diabetes can appear suddenly and include:
- Blurred vision
- Fatigue and weakness
- Irritability and other mood changes
- Unintended weight loss
- Extreme hunger
- Bed-wetting in children
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
When to Consult a Doctor?
Get in touch with your doctor when you see any or some of the symptoms mentioned above. The sooner it is diagnosed, the quicker type nn2 diabetes treatments can be started.
Some of the risk factors for Type nn2 diabetes are:
- Family History: Anyone whose parent(s) or sibling(s) have this diabetes is at risk of developing this condition.
- Genetics: The presence of some genes increases the risk of nn2 diabetes in people.
- Geography: The risk increases as you move away from the equator.
Treatment type nn2 diabetes mellitus is important because it starts to affect other organs of the body as well in the course of time. Diabetes complications can be disabling or life-threatening as well. Type nn2 diabetes leads to:
- Disease of the heart and blood vessels
- Nerve damage or neuropathy
- Kidney damage or nephropathy
- Eye damage
- Foot damage
- Skin and mouth conditions
- Pregnancy complications
- regular insulin (Humulin and Novolin)
- insulin aspart (NovoLog, FlexPen)
- insulin lispro (Humalog)
- insulin glulisine (Apidra)
- insulin isophane (Humulin N, Novolin N)
- insulin degludec (Tresiba)
- insulin glargine (Toujeo)
- insulin glargine (Lantus)
- insulin detemir (Levemir)
- NovoLog Mix 70/30 (insulin aspart protamine-insulin aspart)
- Humulin 70/30 (human insulin NPH-human insulin regular)
- Ryzodeg (insulin degludec-insulin aspart)
- Novolin 70/30 (human insulin NPH-human insulin regular)
- Humalog Mix 50/50 (insulin lispro protamine-insulin lispro)
- Humalog Mix 75/25 (insulin lispro protamine-insulin lispro)
The exact cause is unknown. It is normally the body’s own immune system which starts to destroy the cells producing insulin instead of fighting harmful viruses and bacteria. Other causes include genetics, exposure to certain viruses and contact with other environmental factors.