Linzess is used to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation and Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
How Linzess works?
Linzess works on a body by increasing the secretion of both chlorine and water in the intestine. This, therefore, smoothens stools and helps to accelerate bowel movements. Linzess is FDA is appropriate to treat IBS‑C condition in both men and women.
How should one take Linzess?
Take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor by following the prescriptions given on the label. If you cannot swallow the capsule then it is advised to break it open and squeeze the medicine out of it. Then mix it with a spoonful of water and swallow it directly. Most importantly, never store or preserve the medicine for later use.
Purpose of linzess Constipation:
Linzess is used to treat some type of bowel problems or constipation. People suffering from these issues can use this capsule that works by increasing fluid intestine. And it will even speed up the movement of food through the gut.
- People suffering from intestine blockage should not use Linzess
- It should not be used by children below 6 years as it causes dehydration.
- The medicine should be taken early in the morning with an empty stomach or half an hour before the first meal.
- If you are feeling discomfort, stomach pain, bloody or tarry stools then it’s better to consult the doctor immediately.
- People allergic to linaclotide should avoid using linzess.
- Store the medicine at room temperature away from heat.
Linzess Constipation dosing information
- Usual Adult Dose for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 290 mcg orally once a day
- Usual Adult Dose for Constipation: 145 mcg orally once a day
It is also recommended to always consult with a doctor if issue even then persist. There are many best hospitals in the US.
- Baptist Health Lexington
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak (Mich.)
- Billings (Mont.) Clinic
- Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, N.C.).
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Florida Hospital Orlando.
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (Newport Beach, Calif.).