Hemorrhoid has been considered as a common problem among adults and cause a considerable amount of pain and discomfort when it is ignored. While it goes away on its own, there are still some useful tips to keep get it healed or completely avoid it as well.
Home remedies: While there is a surplus of over the counter medication available to treat this condition, individuals with hemorrhoids can also choose to use a few home remedies to ease the situation and let it cure on its own.
- Taking a warm bath in a bathtub with water covering the legs and using apple cider vinegar or Epsom salts in the water can be useful in reducing the irritation caused from the hemorrhoids.
- Some people even choose to apply the apple cider vinegar directly onto the hemorrhoid spot, which will sting badly, will cure hemorrhoid even more quickly.
- Witch hazel is an astringent that had natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that help the hemorrhoid tissues to shrink easily. While the direct application of witch hazel will react quickly, it can also cause swelling or irritation.
- Coconut oil and aloe vera are two other ingredients that ease the burning and itching sensation and aid in the overall healing process.
- Use ice packs when the hemorrhoids flare up as it helps to numb the pain and reduce pain simultaneously.
- Lifestyle changes are not sufficient to use hemorrhoid remedies just when it flares up. Making substantial lifestyle changes has a long-term effect in avoiding these flare-ups.
- Drink water regularly because the most common cause for hemorrhoids is lack of liquids in the diet. Drinking plenty of fluids softens the stole and does not irritate the walls when passing through the anus.
- Wear breathing underwear instead of tight fitting ones that can cause constant irritation in the back. Wearing cotton and airy underwear definitely aids in treating the condition as well.
- Pick a fiber-rich diet that will cause your bowel movements to be smooth to pass through.