Apple cider vinegar is a very common weight loss remedy among people active about weight loss. Apple cider vinegar has a number of health benefits and must be included by most of us in our diets. It helps in leading a probiotic life, acts as a tonic for your body, and allows you to lead a healthy life. Even as many people did not trust apple cider vinegar for weight loss in the beginning, it has grown in popularity. Apple cider vinegar weight loss plans are being used widely by people, and it has also proved to be a strong method for gradual weight loss.
Apple cider vinegar belongs right in your weight loss plan as it is high on acetic acid, and acetic acid has many properties that lead to weight loss. Acetic acid dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in the human body as it is a small-chain fatty acid. Here is why and how apple cider vinegar could be the protagonist of your weight loss plans.
- Lowers blood sugar levels: Acetic acid is said to improve the sugar taking ability of the liver and muscles. This, in turn, reduces the blood sugar levels.
- Effectively reduces insulin levels: Lower insulin to glucagon is said to result in body fat burning; acetic acid reduces insulin levels to glucagon.
- Higher metabolism: A higher metabolism means that your food gets digested faster than usual and you burn a lot more calories; acetic acid contributes to speeding your metabolism thereby inducing weight loss.
- Minimal fat storage: Acetic acid, in a study, proved that it could help in increasing the expression of genes that reduce belly fat storage. It also reduces the liver fat, hence leading to evasion from obesity.
- Reduces appetite: In a study performed to test acetic acid, there was a claim that acetic acid has the ability to push down centers in the brain that control appetite, hence reducing your food intake.
- Fat burning ability: A study proved that acetic acid has a fat burning ability as it increases the genes that help in fat burning.
As we all know, gulping a spoon of apple cider vinegar is not very appetizing. To avoid that here are some tips and remedies that can help you include apple cider vinegar in your weight loss plans.
- When eating salads, you could add a spoon of apple cider vinegar to the salad, or you could also mix it along with your dressing so that it blends in the taste.
- Here’s a delicious way of including apple cider in your diet. When eating fries, us this as a dip for your fries, they taste amazing. This works even better with sweet potato fries.
- If you are planning to eat some chicken or meat, you can use apple cider vinegar as a part of the marinade along with equal parts of olive oil.
- This is one excellent way of including apple cider vinegar in your weight loss plan/diet; try out a mixture of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and ¼ of balsamic vinegar. You can pour this mixture on your everyday roasted meat, veggies or even on your sautéed veggies.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with honey and glaze your salmon along with this mixture in the broiler. After the baking is almost done, you can remove the salmon add another brush of the glaze and broil until the fish looks bubbly.
- The best remedy is to add apple cider to your first glass of water of the day. You can have this without having anything else, and you could add some honey to the mix, for your taste buds.
- If you want to add a zest to your can of baked beans, you could simply add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- If you do not wish to intake vinegar or have it influence the taste of your food, you can wash your vegetables and fruits with apple cider vinegar. This will not only add a tinge of vinegar to your food but also clean your fruits and vegetables.
- If you are having a smoothie, just add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it! This will not influence the taste to a great extent and give your body the vinegar at the same time.
Apart from helping you lose weight, apple cider vinegar has a bundle of health benefits. Here are some of them.
- Apple cider vinegar can help in killing pathogens, including bacteria. It was earlier used for cleaning and disinfecting wounds, treating nail fungus, warts, lice and ear infections.
- Apple cider vinegar helps your weight loss plans by lowering blood sugar. This low blood sugar works well for your diabetes as well.
- The food we eat has a lot of bacteria even after we wash it, specially preserved and canned food. Apple cider can be highly useful in preserving your food by preventing bacterial growth.
- Apple cider can also help your heart and work well for cardiovascular problems. It is said to have chlorogenic acid, which can prevent cholesterol particles from oxidizing, which is a major step towards a heart disease.